04 August 2010

alannah goes down hill...

Fashion Designer Alannah Hill (inset:
Kristy Fraser-Kirk and Mark McInnes)
taken from The Age Online, August 4, 2010.

Just as we thought we could move on from unsympathetic public commentaries following Kyle Sandilands' media blurp about a year ago, Australian fashion designer Alannah Hill decides to stick her chook out on the chopping board at the David Jones Spring/Summer launch yesterday.
 
When asked to comment on the recent AUD$37 million sexual harrassment lawsuit against David Jones ex CEO Mark McInnes, Hill reportedly chirped, "I wished he had touched me up," describing the sexual harrassment case as a 'glitch'. The Age News Online reported that as an attempt to stick up for the retail giant that stocks her garments, Hill revealed her infatuation with disgraced former DJ chief executive McInnes.

"I've sort of got a crush on Mark McInnes ... I've had a crush on him for four years. I wanted to be the girl who lived in the Bondi flat," she told reporters.

"I wish he'd have touched me up. I threw myself at him, threw myself at him. He told me he didn't want to mix business with pleasure."

Ms Hill's stupidity does not stop just there. On Melbourne's Fox.fm today, she promises hold a 'Sorry Sale' as repentence over her ridiculous remarks yesterday. She also reluctantly pledged to pass on the profit from the sales to the 'nice girl' whose name she forgot. The 'nice girl' she was referring to was of course Kristy Fraser-Kirk, the former DJ staff who lodged the sexual harrassed lawsuit against Mark McInnes.

You can read the full story on Alannah Hill's comments here. Even a non-media trained person would know when to shut their mouth or when to be sensitive or sympathetic around these issues. Sandiland lost his job due to the glitch and maybe someone should tell Alannah Hill to smart up and zip up too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to doodle!