14 August 2011

partied hard

It's been a busy weekend again (busy=late nights). Went skiing with the residents, Leong and Ming yesterday. I woke up at 4.10am, after not much sleep the night before, after a lovely(!) Friday night dinner with Ana and Carmen at Peko Peko (Long sidenote: 'bumped' into Neil and his mates, but i looked away, pretending to be a stranger. Very childish of me and i don't know why i did that. But i did make a mental note to do a head check when he and his mates leave the restaurant. We were seated right next to the door, which means it wouldn't have been hard to miss them. But we did! Ana and I came to a conclusion that they must've left when we were happily preoccupying ourselves with the mango prawn springrolls! -.-)

Anyways, coming back, Mt Buller is approximately 3.5 - 4 hours drive away from Melbourne, so we had to depart at 5.30am in order to reach there at 10am to fully utilize our limited time there. Skiing is not exactly the cheapest activity (in Australia at least). It could cost you about $180 (with ski rentals, chair lifts and all), and the chairlift closes at 5pm, which means you'd want to start as early as possible, especially on weekends when it's crowded. It's my second ski trip this year, and i've advanced to Blue Runs (Green runs are beginner runs, Blue is Intermediate, Black is Difficult, Black Diamond is Suicide...at least to me). Much thanks to Leong, really! (Leong's my elder boss). I've fallen in love with skiing!

We headed back to the city at 5pm, arrived at 8pm (Ming was speeding despite his denial). As soon as we got back, i headed straight to the Jessie and Yan's birthday party! First it was Hotpot at Chinatown, then Karaoke. We drank, sang and danced till 2.30am, until i could feel my system shutting down, minute by minute. I was practically stoning at the last hour (skiing is no walk in the park, it is very physical!). I lay there, staring at the screen, like a rag doll, and they kept poking me, laughing and saying, 'Oh man...she's down...'

I think i hit the sacks at 4.30am...and woke up at 10am. RMIT had its Open Day today, and i had to gather some information about my Masters course. I don't know why i never found Open Days much useful, most of the information are in the booklets anyways...and the faculties and the University's administration never quite understand each other well...so, like a tennis ball you'll be served back and forth different booths, different locations....

Cooked up a simple yet fulfilling dinner to wind down. Becky (my roomie) came back just on time from a Footy game...and so I invited her to have dinner with me. My fish head soup turned out well (taking into account that it was my first attempt).

That was my weekend, my 'hard partying' weekend, how was yours?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to doodle!